- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 5 tablespoons of cool or room temperature water.
- 3 cups of chicken broth or chicken stock.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper (freshly ground preferred)
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 small onion
- Add chicken stock to soup pan and put temp to medium low.
- Fine chop the onion into very fine pieces.
- In another skillet saute the onion with butter until onions are transparent and slightly browned. Once done add the onion and butter mixture to the chicken stock.
- Combine the flour, corn starch, salt, black pepper and garlic powder in a small cup or bowl. Once evenly combined stir in the 5 tablespoons of water and stir until evenly combined with no lumps. If the mixture is too thick add a bit more water.
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer and slowly pour in the flour, cornstarch and water mixture while stirring.
- Cook gravy for 10 to 15 minutes on a slow simmer, stirring very frequently. Once gravy is thickened remove from heat immediately and enjoy!
(Tip: Gravy can be refrigerated for up to two days and reheated for your favorite dishes)