- 1/2 kg of chicken drumsticks/thighs
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1-2 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of oil
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- Heat oil in a pan in a medium high setting.
- While waiting for the oil to heat, mix the flour, cornstarch, garlic salt, pepper, and salt in a bowl. Set aside your flour mixture.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and add a little salt. Set aside.
- Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly.
- Once the oil is hot, dip the chicken pieces into a bowl of beaten eggs and dredge it to the flour mixture. Make sure to coat evenly.
- Put the coated chicken pieces into the pan and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until it turns golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat. Place a paper towel on your plate before putting the fried chicken to remove excess oil.
- Repeat process until all chicken pieces are cooked.
- You can pair this with our recipe for the chicken gravy, it's family's favorite!
Your fried chicken is ready to be served!