- 4 Cups of Chicken Stock/Broth (Low sodium can be used)
- 2 Green Onions
- 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 1 cup of Bok Choy (Asian Cabbage)
- 5 small Baby Bella Mushrooms (Can substitute other mushrooms)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt (Can be omitted)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- Add Chicken Stock to a 3 1/2 to 4 Quart pan and cover with lid.
- Coarsely chop the Bok Choy in 1/2 piece chucks.
Wash mushrooms and slice thinly 1/4 inch or more slices.
Rinse the bean spouts under cool water.
- Add the vegetables (Bok Choy, Mushrooms, and Bean Sprouts) to the Chicken Stock.
Turn down heat to medium low and cover with lid.
Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until steaming hot.
- Now that the soup is hot, mix one egg adding a touch of water.
When egg is fully mixed begin by slowly pouring the egg mixture into the soup .
As the egg mixture is poured, slowly stir into the soup to get the stringy consistency were a looking for in egg drop soup.
- Coarsely chop the two green onions and add to the soup for the last 5 minutes of cooking.