- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 3 ounces of butter (3 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven with a temperature of 325F-350F.
- Cut the sourdough bread into croutons-sized pieces (roughly 3/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Melt butter in microwave using low power setting until melted.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix evenly.
- In a large bowl, add the sourdough bread and drizzle the melted butter mixture over the bread and toss with your hands until the bread is evenly coated with a butter mixture.
- Using a cookie sheet, place out the croutons on a single layer and cook for 20 mins.
- Croutons should be golden brown and has a solid crisp bite throughout.
(Tip: If inner crouton is slightly soft, lower heat by 25F and cook for additional 5-10 minutes. Watch closely.)