- 1 1/2 lbs of beef steak (inexpensive cut)
- 4 large flour tortillas (the large ones)
- 1 1/2 white onions or sweet onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 - 12 ounce can of refried beans
- 1 package of Spanish or Mexican rice (3 cups cooked or prepared)
- 1 packet of fajita seasoning
- 12 ounces of Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 500° using the broiler setting.
Layout the steaks on a broiler pan. Salt and pepper to taste only seasoning one side.
Cook steaks under broiler for 6 to 8 minutes per side or cooked to your preference.
Remove steaks from oven and let rest.
Using a cooking thermometer verify the temperature of the cooked steaks are at least 145°.
Turn off Oven
Let steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Slice steak into thin slices and then cut the slices into 1 in pieces.
- Chop onions and bell peppers coarsely (roughly 1 inch long by 1/2 wide).
- Add the following ingredients to a non-stick skillet:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 cup of water
Cook peppers and onions until slightly soft and translucent.
- Cook Spanish or Mexican rice according to directions on box.
- Empty can of refried beans into small pan with 1/4 cup water, heat slowly to warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Assemble your burritos:
1 large flour tortilla
3 heaping tablespoons of refried beans
3 heaping tablespoons of Spanish or Mexican rice
2 large serving spoons (roughly 1/4 of the fajitas mixture – chopped beef steak, onions, bell peppers)
1/4 cup of Monterrey Jack Cheese
Fold the ends of the burrito inward, then fold over the burrito as if you are rolling it, and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Warm wrapped aluminum burritos in oven for 10-15 minutes, cheese should be melted evenly.